NON-Emergency Calls

If you are reporting a non-emergency,
dial a Non-Emergency Reporting Number.

Examples of non-emergent situations might include the reporting of:  Abandoned Vehicles – Loud Music/Noise Complaints – Stolen Property – Requests for Follow Up on a prior report – Non-injury/Not Blocking Vehicle Crashes – Crimes that are NOT in Progress and/or did NOT just occur.“       

Your area 9-1-1 center lists a phone number you should use to report all non-emergency situations. Using your non-emergency number allows your 9-1-1 center to better prioritize calls and gets help to those in life or property threatening situations as fast as possible. Your non-emergency call may take a little longer for someone to answer as they may be handling a 9-1-1 emergency so please don’t hang up!  Your call is important to us and the agencies we serve!

Area 24/7 Non-Emergency Reporting Numbers

Yamhill County: (503) 434-6500
Newberg – Dundee Police: (503) 538-8321
Washington County: (503) 629-0111
Clackamas County: (503) 655-8211
Willamette Valley (Polk/Marion/Salem): (503) 588-6123
METCOM (St.Paul/Woodburn/Marion): (503) 982-2340


Non-Emergency Online Crime Reporting may be available if the Crime you are reporting has NO SUSPECT information. 

Inside McMinnville City Limits:

McMinnville Police Department   Online Citizen Crime Report

Yamhill County Sheriff’s Rural Patrol Areas & Contract Cities (Amity, Dayton, Lafayette, Sheridan, Willamina) :

Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office  Online Crime Report 

**If the crime you are wanting to report occurred within the city limits of Carlton, Yamhill, Dundee or Newberg please contact their police department instead of submitting a form to McMinnville PD or the Yamhill County Sheriff’s Office – as they do not have primary jurisdiction in these cities.**

When in doubt – dial a Non-Emergency 24/7 Business Line to speak with someone directly.